Friday, October 21, 2011

Attitude Adjustment


I’ve been gone a long time.  I’ve needed an attitude adjustment.  I lost 16 pounds and hit a brick wall.  The frustration just built up until I ditched my plan.  I guess I’m this way.  What’s wrong with me?  Am I the only one that struggles with this…follow through on a plan.  I thought of a few things.  One being if you don’t adapt slowly and break it into small goals then you just won’t make it.  What can I start today to take a step at a time?

I also thought of Fish Philosophy.  Have you heard of Fish Philosophy.   Check it out on Wikipedia if you haven’t.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FISH!_philosophy   Two parts that I think of often.  I even used to have them posted on my computer like fortune cookie papers.  

Be there.  Like be there in the now.  Pay attention to what’s in front of you.  Don’t be running the grocery list and to do list through your mind when someone needs your attention and need you to be listening, really listening.  I find my mind wandering frequently lately.

The other is choose your attitude.  I forget this one.  I really believe that we can do this.  We can choose to let the dirty laundry and spilt milk destroy your day.  Or, you can choose to let it go and move one. Know shit happens.  Get over it.  I stew.  I stew and I easily snap.  Why?  No clue.  Forgetting what is important.

I think I’m about ready to Post-It Note my life with sayings. 

  •  Count Your Blessings
  • Will this matter tomorrow?
  • What’s your priority?
  • If you were going to die tomorrow what would you do today?
  • You know you feel better after you exercise.
 I need ones for the refrigerator/kitchen.  
  
  • If you eat that will you be here to see your daughter get married?
  • If you eat that will you lose weight? 
  • If you eat that will you be fueling your body?
  • Shut your mouth!  (Can’t put food in an open mouth.)
  • Can you substitute and make that healthier?
  • Don’t touch that!
  • Water.

 I guess this is a long way to say I'm back.  I'm better, and I'm going to figure this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment