Thursday, May 19, 2011

How Do You Gain 2 Pounds?


You gain two pounds by finally exercising at least 4 times a week for a month.  This consists of 30 minutes around target heart rate.  Doesn’t include warm up and cool down.  Anywhere from 37 plus minutes.  Sometimes twice a day if you get back on during your daughter’s swim lessons.   The walk on the treadmill has a variety such as 2.8 speed but 7 incline, or 1 incline and 3.3 to 3.4 speed.  The variation depends on my knees, shins, arches, feet.  It’s never my heart, upper body, breathing, sweating that gets me.  I just think my feet are tired of carry all this weight around.

Doesn't mean I'm always lazy at home hiding behind the computer working.  I still mow, weed-eat, go up and down the stairs to carry laundry, dishes, cleaning, sweeping, mopping.  Not daily, but hey it's there. And sometimes walks with Grace and Blue, or a bike ride.  Working on being more active.  Better than I used to be ok!  And, my beginning goal in exercising was to gain back energy after being sick for 4 months where all I did was sleep and sleep and sleep.  Followed by an emotional breakdown after the break-up of my engagement.  Something had to give or change so out of the blue...hey let's go exercise!

Ok...continuing on - How Do You Gain 2 Pounds?

Eat by making subtle changes, less fried foods, more water, pretty much a yogurt everyday (orders of Urologist from having a reoccurring UTI for 4 months straight), more salads.  

So gain 2 pounds?  I used to not exercise, ate what I wanted, when I wanted which included a lot of fried foods.  I could maintain my weight maybe an up and down of 5 pounds.  Now, the slight changes I’ve made and I’ve gained two pounds.

Why?  I don’t stop eating.  Even too much of a good thing is too much.  I believe in the calories in calories out though.  I could eat my calories in M&Ms and it would be the same as eating it in lettuce.  The difference is choosing the best foods for your body to utilize and process.  Fuel.  Food should be fuel.

My life food has never been fuel.  Food has been poverty and sharing what you have with 5 others so you take more than you need so you don’t end up hungry.  Food has been a pain soother to escape a drunken father.  Food has been a man repellent trying to prove a drunken man wrong about women being the root of evil by using sex as a weapon.  I guess he firmly believing that behind every powerful man there is a more powerful women in bed who dictated his career moves.  Finishing your plate at a restaurant because you worked hard for your money to pay for ALL that food.  I’ve used food to hide loneliness, depression, and I’m sure emotions I’ve yet to discover.  I’ve used food for taste, and addiction to chocolate, Mexican food, Italian food.  Eating more and more because it tastes so good.

Thus, I’ve always been overweight.  But to hit a high on the scale where it hasn’t went higher.  Granted it has been higher.  In fact 25 pounds more when I got pregnant.  There going the theory that the more I would weigh the more men would not want to be with me.  I’m sure that is true for some of the available men pool out there.  Now that I’m older and single that narrows the selection.  Many men will discriminate on size and have a right to.  I’m a 22/24, more on the 24 for jeans.  That’s not small but I always say I carry it well on my 5’7” frame.  And, I want to be able to discriminate back based on my preference in a man.  (Love sexy runner legs).  Then not to mention the all time high weight during pregnancy.  But bouncing right back to my “maintenance” weight.  Not where I want to be now.

How do I stop eating?  How do I stop binge eating?  How do I stop eating things that are bad for me?  Questions that have never had answer for many years.  Questions I have to figure out.  I cannot exercise the weight off if I keep eating it back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment