Monday, July 25, 2011

Facing new fears.


Thirteen pounds!  That’s exciting to me.  With it there are new fears cropping up that I’ve never really dealt with before.

The biggest fear is that I’ll fall off the wagon and eat too much one day, and that the next day the 13 is all back.  I keep dreaming I step on the scale and I’m back to starting weight.  Freaky huh?  Then it narrows to worrying about even one or 2 pounds.  All the work to lose it why is it so easy to gain it back? 

Another fear is reaching my goal.  I just read a fabulous article by Margaret Cho.  I’ve always adored her and enjoyed everything I’ve seen her in.  I’m a huge Drop Dead Diva addict, and I always want to see more of her character.  She has recently lost weight and has a great blog from July 20, 2011 “Weight Loss and What Trainers Don’t Prepare You For”.  

 http://www.margaretcho.com/content/2011/07/20/weight-loss-and-what-trainers-don%E2%80%99t-prepare-you-for/

I totally get it.  I’m not even down a size and I’m totally getting what she has to say.

Last, but not least, I have to eat lunch out tomorrow for a work thing.  We are going to an Indian buffet.  Great!  Two whammies at once:  eating out and a buffet.  Outside of going to Subway, I’ve ventured once to Dairy Queen and had a grilled chicken sandwich without Mayo but with fat free ranch.  What am I going to do circling back to fear number one?  I’m researching best choices, but I want something I’ll like to eat not just because it has the lower calorie count.  My game plan is small portions, quit when full, drink plenty of water, and stay away from things you know are extremely high calorie like a dessert.  But BUFFET!?!?!?

I’ll check back with you Wednesday to see if Tuesday wrecks my morning weighing routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment