Friday, July 15, 2011

Unbelievable


This morning brought shock, disbelieve, elation, and a few other emotions I can’t describe.  Let’s just say I thought I broke another scale.  I stepped on, shook my head.  I stepped off the scale and pushed it around the floor with my foot.  I stepped on, shook my head again.  I know I was now speaking out loud to myself muttering a series of unmentionable words and lot’s of “NO WAY”.  I proceeded in this ritual for quite a bit.  Fine, I’ll accept it.  I will just go to the gym today and weigh on their scale to compare it to mine.  Because there is no way I lost 9 pounds in 6 days.  No way.

Good news.  I weighed the same on the gym scale.  So, I believe my scale at home has been accurate in weighing me the last 6 days.  Two toward the bad news however, one being I forgot to enter my beginning weight in the program.  It will say I’ve only lost 4 pounds.  I can be such a dork.  I’ll regret this one.

The second thing I need to point out is that even though I’m totally excited I’ve lost NINE pounds is that I gained 10 pounds since April.  Ten pounds after I started the gym.

Lesson learned that exercise alone does not make you lose weight.  I was consistent during the spring in going to work out 3-4 times a week.  My normal thing is to do 30 minutes at target heart rate and not to count warm up and cool down.  I lasted over a month then stopped.  I don’t know where along the lines from the beginning of April until the beginning of July how I managed to pack on 10 pounds.

I have one pound to go to be ‘even’ starting of where I thought I’d begin.  I am proud of the 9 pounds.  I’m proud that I’m sticking to this.  I love Organic Liaison and would recommend it to anyone that could afford it.  I feel I can’t afford it.  Ok, I can afford the product each month, but organic food in Knoxville, Iowa is not an easy feat.  It is not available and if it is you give an arm and a leg for it.  I’m a fiscally challenged responsible single mom.  I’m terrible with money and lack it due to unreal debt ratio, which I seem to wish to be done with but put less effort in achieving that goal than buying useless stuff.  But, I am making adjustments as I can.  

Since I feel I’m eating less and eating less bad food though I have made some adjustments.  No more peanut butter, I’m not a fan of natural or organic peanut butter.   I don’t like the taste.   I did get organic pasta sauce, since it’s an important one to get.  I’ll let you know after tomorrow what I think of it and give you more information on the brand.  I did get organic carrots.  I’ve tried to buy more natural products and working on whole grains next.  One good thing is Grace and I have always been fans of wheat pasta.  White pasta is flat tasting water absorbing shoe strings.  

Yeah 9 pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment