Monday, July 18, 2011

Weekends are hard.


I busted my behind all day Saturday to clean and ‘reclaim’ my house.  I had boxes full of things marked for a garage sale.  Not a sale at my house, but the babysitter offered to let me include my things.  Over 5 boxes of stuff stacked at the corner and on the dining room table.  I have a huge tote with Currier and Ives dishes and some antique stuff in a box that need to go to the consignment shop hanging out in the kitchen.  Of course, the living room is Grace’s new play land and always out of sorts with toys, dishes, cups, and freeze pop wrappers.

I stayed within my calorie count.  Scale on Sunday morning, I gained a pound.  I know my body will adjust and fluctuate.  I know that one pound should not overshadow the other ten I’ve still lost.  I’ve analyzed it to death though.  I ate a lot of ham and processed foods.  I think the salt intake had a huge factor.  I forgot to take my Culterelle for 2 days – Saturday and Sunday.  I ate a small breakfast and then didn’t eat again for several hours.  That again left for lots of calories at the end of the evening.  I had pasta for the first time on the diet.  

I may have sweated my butt off cleaning parts of the garage to store those boxes, went up and down the stairs several times to work on laundry (trying to not to come up the stairs empy-handed by carry out garbage, boxes, clean clothes etc.), sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, but I didn’t go to the gym all weekend.

Sunday I was quite lazy.  I felt I deserved it after accomplishing almost everything on my to do list from Saturday.  Grandma even volunteered to babysit so I could go enjoy Harry Potter.  YEAH!  That’s all I’m saying.

Though I had a great enjoyable weekend, and Grace lost another tooth, plus her top ones have erupted, it’s hard.  There is no routine like during the week.  I end up sleeping in, not eating at scheduled times, and not working out.  Do I try harder?  Do I resolve that weekends are going to be this way?  Do I accept that I push all week and that the weekend allows my body to recover from the routine and relax a little more? Not sure yet.  Let’s go another weekend and see if it nets the same results.

Total side note:  The USA should appreciate its elders.  Those that have worked and played hard their entire lives in honor of this country in hopes of retiring comfortably in the face of changing times.  People that paid into Social Security should have the comfort to know they will be able to pull from that source to pay even the basics to survive.  For the government to think they don’t need the help are insane, insensitive assholes.  If they really are there to serve the people they should agree to pay cuts and the removal of self serving riders and agendas and preserve Social Security.  And beyond that, education is the bases for everything.  Short change the youth on acquiring knowledge will short change the future of the USA.  How can they be blind to this?

No comments:

Post a Comment